VEE MELATONIN 3 MG SR 30 TABLETS
Active Ingredient of Vee Melatonin
Melatonin 3 mg sustained release.
What is melatonin ?
Melatonin is a hormone made in the body. It regulates night and day cycles or sleep-wake cycles. Melatonin in supplements is usually made in a lab.
Darkness triggers the body to make more melatonin, which signals the body to sleep. Light decreases melatonin production and signals the body to be awake. Some people who have trouble sleeping have low levels of melatonin. It’s thought that adding melatonin from supplements might help them sleep.
People most commonly use melatonin for insomnia and improving sleep in different conditions, such as jet lag. It is also used for depression, chronic pain, dementia, and many other conditions, but there is no good scientific evidence to support most of these uses.
What are the uses and effectiveness of Vee Melatonin ?
- Trouble falling asleep at a conventional bedtime (delayed sleep phase syndrome). Taking melatonin by mouth seems to shorten the time needed to fall asleep in young adults and children with this condition.
- Non-24-hour sleep wake disorder. Taking melatonin by mouth at bedtime seems to improve sleep in children and adults who are blind.
- Sleep disturbance caused by certain blood pressure medicine (beta blocker-induced insomnia). Taking melatonin by mouth might reduce sleep problems in people taking beta-blocker drugs.
- Cancer. Taking high doses of melatonin by mouth or as a shot, administered by a healthcare provider along with chemotherapy or other cancer treatments, might reduce tumor size and improve survival rates in some people with cancer.
- A painful uterine disorder (endometriosis). Taking melatonin by mouth seems to reduce pain and painkiller use in adults with this condition. It also reduces pain during menstruation, intercourse, and while going to the bathroom.
- High blood pressure. Taking the controlled-release form of melatonin by mouth before bedtime seems to lower blood pressure in people with high blood pressure. Immediate-release products don’t seem to work.
- Insomnia. Taking melatonin by mouth, short-term, seems to shorten the time it takes to fall asleep in people with insomnia, but only by about 7-12 minutes. It’s not clear if it affects the amount of time spent sleeping. It also seems to be more helpful in older adults and those with certain other conditions.
- Jet lag. Taking melatonin by mouth can improve certain symptoms of jet lag such as alertness and reduce daytime sleepiness and tiredness. But it might not help shorten the time it takes for people with jet lag to fall asleep.
- Migraine. Taking melatonin by mouth before bed can prevent migraines in adults and children. It’s not clear if melatonin helps to treat migraines.
- Anxiety before surgery. Taking melatonin by mouth or under the tongue somewhat reduces anxiety before surgery in adults. It’s not clear if it helps in children.
What are the side effects of Vee Melatonin ?
Melatonin is likely safe for most adults when used short-term. Melatonin is possibly safe when taken long-term. It’s been used safely for up to 2 years. But it can cause some side effects including headache, sleepiness, dizziness, and nausea. Don’t drive or use machinery for 4-5 hours after taking melatonin.
Vee Melatonin and Pregnancy
Melatonin is possibly unsafe when regularly taken by mouth or in high doses while trying to become pregnant. Melatonin might have effects similar to birth control, making it more difficult to become pregnant. There isn’t enough reliable information to know if melatonin is safe to use when pregnant. Until more is known, it’s best not to use melatonin while pregnant or trying to become pregnant.
Vee Melatonin and Breastfeeding
There isn’t enough reliable information to know if melatonin is safe to use when breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
Vee Melatonin and Children
Melatonin is possibly safe when taken by mouth, short-term. Melatonin is usually well tolerated when taken in doses up to 3 mg daily in children and 5 mg daily in adolescents. There is some concern that melatonin might interfere with development during adolescence. Melatonin should only be used in children with a medical need. There isn’t enough evidence to know if melatonin is safe in children when taken by mouth, long-term.
What is the price of Vee melatonin 3 mg SR ?
30 tablets are for 181 LE in 2021.
What are the other alternatives that contain melatonin ?
Now Melatonin 3 mg
Vee Melatonin 5 mg
There are no reviews yet.