THE ORDINARY AHA 30% + BHA 2% PEELING SOLUTION
The Ordinary Peeling Solution contains 30% alpha hydroxy acids (glycolic/lactic/tartaric/citric), 2% beta hydroxy acid (salicylic acid), hyaluronic acid crosspolymer, vitamin b5, black carrot and tasmanian pepperberry.
Main ACTIVE INGREDIENTS
With 30% alpha hydroxy acids (glycolic/lactic/tartaric/citric), 2% beta hydroxy acid (salicylic acid), hyaluronic acid crosspolymer, vitamin b5, black carrot and tasmanian pepperberry
Mechanism of Action of THE ORDINARY AHA 30% + BHA 2% PEELING SOLUTION
- Alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) exfoliate the skin’s topmost surface for a brighter and more even appearance.
- Beta hydroxy acids (BHA) also exfoliate the skin with an extended function to help clear pore congestion.
- This combined 30% AHA and 2% BHA solution offers deeper exfoliation to help fight visible blemishes and for improved skin radiance.
- The formula also improves the appearance of skin texture and reduces the look of fine lines with continued use.
- This formula contains a studied Tasmanian Pepperberry derivative to help reduce irritation associated with acid use.
- This derivative is of plant origin and varies in color seasonally and this color variation may be apparent in the formula from time to time.
What are the important Contraindications ?
This formula should not be used on sensitive, peeling or compromised skin. Please refer to additional sun protection note and other warnings in provided Directions.
The pH of this formula is approximately 3.6. Glycolic Acid, the primary AHA used in the formula, has a pKa of 3.6 and pKa is the most important aspect to consider in formulating with acids. pKa implies acid availability. When pKa is close to pH, there is an ideal balance between salt and acidity, maximizing effectiveness of the acid and reducing irritation. Higher pH numbers in such a case would increase salt which counter-intuitively would make the formula even more irritating than if the formula was more acidic.
This formula contains a very high concentration of free acids. We recommend use only if you are an experienced user of acid exfoliation and your skin is not sensitive.
Directions of use
- Clean face and wait for skin to dry. Do not use on wet skin.
- Apply evenly across face and neck using fingertips, avoiding the eye area. Leave on for no more than 10 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Do not use on sensitive, peeling or compromised skin. Avoid the eye contour and contact with eyes both during application and rinse off.
- This low-viscosity solution is intended to be used as a masque. Do not leave on for longer than 10 minutes.
- It is not recommended to use more than twice per week. Contact of the product with the skin must be of limited frequency or duration.
- If irritation occurs, cease use and consult a physician. Use only as directed on unbroken skin. You must do patch test. Keep out of reach of children.
- Sunburn Alert: This product contains an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) and a beta hydroxy acid (BHA) that may increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterwards.
How To avoid Skin Reactions ?
Follow these steps to avoid inflammation and redness
Patch tests are an easy way to help predict if you may experience a negative initial reaction to a new product. It is recommended to perform a patch test before incorporating any new product into your regimen. We have outlined a general method for conducting your own patch test below based on the type of product.
- Apply a small amount of the product onto a clean area of skin on the upper forearm.
- Keep the area dry.
- If the product has a specified duration of use, rinse off after this time has elapsed. Otherwise rinse off after 24 hours.
- If any redness, burning, itching, blistering or irritation is observed at any time throughout the test, do not use the product.
Other Active Ingredients
Glycolic Acid, Aqua (Water), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Daucus Carota Sativa Extract, Propanediol, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Salicylic Acid, Lactic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Citric Acid, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Xanthan gum, Polysorbate 20, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.