SUPLASYN ONE SHOT 60 MG/6 ML
Suplasyn (HYALURONIC ACID (HA) is a normal component of the synovia and plays a central role in maintaining the physiological internal environment of the joint.
Active Ingredient and Its importance
Composition: Viscoelastic solution of a defined molecular weight of purified hyaluronic acid, produced by fermentation.
Indications and Uses of SUPLASYN ONE SHOT
- It is indicated for the symptomatic treatment of osteoarthritis.
- It has been shown to be beneficial in osteoarthritis for the management of pain and improvement in physical function of joints.
- More than one joint may be treated at the same time with 2 injections.
What is the dosage and directions of use ?
Contraindications of SUPLASYN ONE SHOT 60 MG/6 ML
- Do not administer to patients with known hypersensitivity reactions.
- Respect usual precautions and contraindications for any intra-articular injection.
- Do not inject intra-vascularly.
- You should not use it in patients presenting an inflammation or irritation of the joint, since adverse events more commonly occur in patients with already existing joint inflammation or irritation.
- The patient should rest 24-48 hours after the injection and avoid any strenuous activity over the full course of the treatment.
- Transient short duration pain may occur following intra-articular introduction.
- The affected joint may show a mild local reaction like pain, feeling of heat, hyperthermia, redness, effusion, irritation, and swelling/inflammation.
- If these symptoms occur, rest the affected joint and apply ice locally. Symptoms subside within days for most of the patients.
- In some cases, mild local reactions such as pain, irritation, swelling, joint inflammation and effusion may be significantly enhanced and much more severe as an expression of hypersensitivity. In such cases, a therapeutic intervention could be necessary, e.g. aspiration of joint fluid.
- Local adverse reactions could be accompanied by systemic reactions such as fever, chills, or cardiovascular reactions, and in rare cases anaphylactic reactions.
- In extremely rare circumstances, rash/itching, urticaria, synovitis, and a drop in blood pressure have been reported following the administration of the injection.
- Discontinue use if adverse reactions are experienced. Avoid using it with sterilizing or sanitizing agents containing quaternary ammonium salts solutions.