COVID-19 Rapid Antigrn home Test
Rapid Antigen COVID-19 Test
Reliable, rapid chromatographic immunoassay for the qualitative detection of nucleocapsid antigen present in human nasal samples
Convenient sampling, quick results | Rapid Antigen COVID-19 Test
The SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antigen Test Nasal | Rapid Antigen COVID-19 Test provides rapid results for fast decision-making at the Point of Care. Nasal sampling is less invasive, which can reduce patient discomfort, and minimize the duration of the procedure as well as the risk of sneezing or coughing. Nasal swab samples may be self-collected by patients under supervision, offering further protection for healthcare professionals.
The benefit of having a SARS-CoV-2 antigen test available | Rapid Antigen COVID-19 Test
- The SARS-CoV-2 virus causes respiratory tract infection. It is transmitted mainly via respiratory droplets after close contact, and primary viral replication is presumed to occur in the mucosal epithelium of the upper respiratory tract (nasal cavity and pharynx).1 At these locations viral load peaks within the first week after symptom onset, and then declines.2
- A SARS-CoV-2 antigen test Rapid Antigen COVID-19 Test detects the presence of the SARS-CoV-2 virus from part of the upper respiratory tract swab specimens by identifying a nucleoprotein that is carried by the virus. The test identifies current infection during the acute phase of COVID-19, while the virus is still present in large quantities in the respiratory tract.
- At Roche Diagnostics we believe wide accessibility to such high-performance, instrument-free and reliable Point of Care tests can contribute significantly to better managing the ongoing pandemic crisis.
Features and benefits of the SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antigen Test Nasal
- In comparison to the existing Roche SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antigen Test, the SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antigen Test Nasal collects the sample from the front area of the nose instead of the nasopharynx, resulting in a simplified and faster testing procedure.1 This testing method can help reduce overall patient discomfort, particularly in sensitive individuals such as children, elderly people, and/or people with disabilities.
- Besides being less invasive, theRapid Antigen COVID-19 Test also provides patients with the option to self-collect their nasal sample under the supervision of a healthcare professional. Through reduced physical contact, this method of testing can help to decrease the risk of exposure to the virus for healthcare professionals. Whether the test could also be used without supervision of a healthcare professional will depend on local regulatory requirements.
The benefits of the SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antigen Test Nasal in short | Rapid Antigen COVID-19 Test
- Using a nasal swab for quick and convenient specimen collection
- Getting a quick result within 15-30 minutes – no need for a follow-up appointment to discuss the result
- Providing patients with the option to self-collect their nasal sample
- Allowing decentralized testing or access to testing in areas where laboratory testing is not available
What is the price for Rapid Antigen COVID-19 Test in Egypt?
How to use Rapid Antigen COVID-19 Test?
Testing process for the SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antigen Test Nasal15
Collecting the nasal sample from left and right nostril
Insert the sterile swab into the nostril with the most secretion. While rotating the swab, insert the swab 2 cm (slightly less than 1 inch) parallel to the palate (not upwards) towards the throat into the nostril until resistance is met at turbinates. Do not apply pressure.
Rotate the swab 4 times for about 15 seconds against the nasal wall and remove it from the nostril.
- Repeat step 1a. with the same swab in the other nostril.
Note: Samples must be collected from both nostrils using the same swab.
Preparing a sample
- Insert the swab into an extraction buffer tube. While squeezing the buffer tube, stir the swab more than 10 times.
- Remove the swab while squeezing the sides of the tube to extract the liquid from the swab.
WARNING! Failure to squeeze the tube can lead to incorrect results due to excess buffer in the swab.
- Press the nozzle cap tightly onto the tube. Continue with 3a. Performing a test.
Performing a test
- Place the test device on a flat surface and apply 4 drops of the extracted sample at a 90º angle to the specimen well of the test device.
- Read the test result at 15 to 30 min.
WARNING! Risk of incorrect results. Do not read the test result after 30 min.
- A colored line appears in the top section of the result window to show that the test is working properly. This is the control line (C). Even if the control line is faint, the test should be considered to have been performed properly. If no control line is visible the test is invalid.
In case of a positive result, a colored line appears in the lower section of the result window. This is the test line (T). Even if the test line is very faint or not uniform, the test result should be interpreted as a positive result.
Manufacturing by ROCHE