Puritan’s Pride VITAMIN D3 10000 IU
Vitamin D is a fat- soluble vitamin that helps your body absorbs calcium and phosphorus. Having the right amount of vitamin D, calcium, and phosphorus is important for building and keeping strong bones. Vitamin D treats and prevents bone disorders (such as rickets, osteomalacia). Vitamin D is made by the body when skin is exposed to sunlight. Sunscreen, protective clothing, limited exposure to sunlight, dark skin, and age may prevent getting enough vitamin D from the sun. Vitamin D with calcium is used to treat or prevent bone loss. Vitamin D is also used with other medications to treat low levels of calcium or phosphate caused by certain disorders. It may be used in kidney disease to keep calcium levels normal and allow normal bone growth.
Uses of Puritan’s Pride VITAMIN D3 10000 IU ?
- low levels of parathyroid hormone
- rickets that is dependent on vitamin D levels in the body
- osteomalacia, or softening of bones
- softening of bones from seizure medications
- low vitamin D levels
- prevention of vitamin D deficiency
- osteoporosis caused by glucocorticoid drugs
- generalized changes in bone associated with renal failure
- osteoporosis, a condition of weak bones
- vitamin D deficiency (high dose therapy)
- bone changes due to x-linked hypophosphatemia
Side effects of Puritan’s Pride VITAMIN D3 10000 IU
- Vitamin D at normal doses usually has no side effects. If you have any unusual effects, contact your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
- If your doctor has directed you to take this medication, remember that he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.
- Too much vitamin D can cause harmful high calcium levels. Tell your doctor right away if any of these signs of high vitamin D/calcium levels occur: nausea/vomiting, constipation, loss of appetite, increased thirst, increased urination, mental/mood changes, unusual tiredness.
- A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, get medical help right away if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.
- This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering VITAMIN D3 to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
Sorry, we have no data available. Please contact your doctor or pharmacist.
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: MONITOR INFANT CALCIUM LEVELS WITH HIGH DOSES; POSSIBLE HYPERCALCEMIA