PANADOL COLD & FLU DAY TAB
ACTIVE-INGREDIENT OF PANADOL COLD & FLU DAY TAB
PANADOL COLD & FLU DAY TAB -> Each caplet contains:
- Paracetamol = 500mg
- Caffeine = 25mg
- Phenylephrine Hydrochloride = 5mg
What is Panadol Cold and Flu used for?
A decongestant is recommended to relieve symptoms of the common cold, including headache, sore throat, nasal congestion, sinusitis, and associated body aches, aches and fevers.
It is also recommended to relieve symptoms of sinusitis such as sinus headache, pain and nasal congestion
Follow all directions given to you by your pharmacist or doctor carefully. They may differ from the information contained in this leaflet
How many times should I take PANADOL COLD & FLU DAY TAB?
- Adults and children 12 years and over, take 2 caplets (capsule-shaped tablets).
Do not take more than 8 capsules in 24 hours
- Do not take more than the recommended dose
OVER-DOSAGE OF PANADOL COLD & FLU DAY
Sign & Symptoms – Paracetamol overdose may cause liver failure which can lead to liver transplant or death. Acute pancreatitis has been observed, usually with hepatic dysfunction and liver toxicity.
Administration of N-acetylcysteine or methionine may be required.
Symptoms and Signs – Phenylephrine overdosage is likely to result in effects similar to those listed under adverse reactions. Additional symptoms may include irritability, restlessness,hypertension, and possibly reflux bradycardia. In severe cases confusion, hallucinations, seizures and arrhythmias may occur.
Treatment – Treatment should be as clinically appropriate.
Symptoms and Signs – Overdose is likely to result in effects similar to those listed under adverse reactions. Additional symptoms may include paradoxical excitation, toxic psychosis, convulsions, apnoea, dystonic reactions and cardiovascular collapse including arrhythmias.
Treatment – Treatment should be supportive and directed towards specific symptoms.
- Don’t use if you have known or previous history of hypersensitivity to paracetamol, Caffeine, phenylephrine, or any other ingredient in this product
- You are taking beta-blockers and other antihypertensive drugs or tricyclic antidepressants
- If symptoms persist, consult a doctor
- Keep out of sight and reach of children
Store at a moderate temperature
Box of 24 tablets