Hormonal Intrauterine Device (IUD)
1. Hormonal Intrauterine Device (IUD)
MIRENA LOOP in Egypt
DESCRIBTION OF MIRENA LOOP
- Mirena is a hormonal IUD that can provide long-term birth control (contraception).
- The device is a plastic T-shaped frame that’s inserted into the uterus, where it releases a type of progestin hormone. To prevent pregnancy, Mirena works to:
- The mucus in the cervix thickens to prevent sperm from reaching or fertilizing an egg
Reduces the thickness of the endometrium and partially prevents ovulation
Side effects associated with Mirena include:
- young love
- Pain when touching the breast
- Irregular bleeding, which may improve after six months of use
- Mood changes
- Painful cramps or pelvic pain
How long does a Mirena last?
- Mirena must be removed after 7 years. However, your healthcare professional can place a new Mirena during the same office visit if you choose to continue using Mirena
Can you fall pregnant with a Mirena loop?
- You can get pregnant while using an IUD, but it’s very unlikely. Less than 1% of women with copper or hormonal IUDs get pregnant each year. An IUD should stay in your uterus to prevent pregnancy
Can MIRENA LOOP cause weight gain?
- Mirena Weight Gain
But Mirena uses levonorgestrel, which is a progestin hormone. This means a small percentage of Mirena users may gain weight. According to OB/GYN Henry Dorn, studies show less than 5% of IUD users gain weight. If they do, it’s generally water weight.
Does MIRENA LOOP stop periods?
- After you have used MIRENA LOOP for a while, the number of bleeding and spotting days is likely to lessen. For some women, periods will stop altogether. When Mirena is removed, your menstrual periods should return.
How long does a MIRENA LOOP last?
- Over 99% effective at preventing pregnancy for up to 7 years. The first and only hormone-releasing IUD that is FDA-approved to treat heavy periods—also known as heavy menstrual bleeding (HMB) —for up to 5 years in women who choose an IUD for birth control.
Can you fall pregnant with a MIRENA LOOP?
- You can get pregnant while using an IUD, but it’s very unlikely. Less than 1% of women with copper or hormonal IUDs get pregnant each year. An IUD should stay in your uterus to prevent pregnancy.
Does Mirena make your breasts bigger?
- IUDs are unlikely to increase breast size because they either contain no hormones or just progestin. Birth control pills that contain both estrogen and progesterone are most likely to affect your breasts
How painful is the Mirena insertion?
- For some women, the Mirena insertion is painful. Others report a sensation similar to mild menstrual cramping. Women also may feel dizzy or nauseous. Some complications, such as uterine perforation, led women to file Mirena lawsuits against Bayer.
What is the Price (cost) of Mirena in Egypt?
- If you do not have health insurance, or if Mirena is not covered by your insurance, the cost of Mirena is 980 LE
Fadwa (verified owner) –
Ahmed lashen (verified owner) –
العلبه المفروض تيجي مع تلج وكلمتهم واكدت عليهم وفي الاخر جت من غير تلج ورجعت الطلب