Invokana 300 mg 30 tab
Active Ingredient of Invokana 300 mg
Invokana (Canagliflozin) is an oral diabetes medicine that helps control blood sugar levels. Canagliflozin works by helping the kidneys get rid of glucose from your bloodstream. Invokana is used together with diet and exercise to improve blood sugar control in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
It lowers the risk of death from heart attack, stroke, or heart failure in adults with type 2 diabetes who also have heart disease. It is also used to reduce the risk of end-stage kidney disease and hospitalization or death from heart problems in adults who also have kidney problems caused due to diabetes type 2.
Mechanism Of Action:
The sodium-glucose co-transporter2 (SGLT2), is found in the proximal tubules of the kidney, and reabsorbs filtered glucose from the renal tubular lumen. Canagliflozin inhibits the SGLT2 co-transporter.
You should start with initial dose: 100 mg orally once a day and you may increase to 300 mg orally once a day for additional glycemic control but only in patients who have tolerated lower dose and who have an eGFR of 60 mL/min/1.73 m2 or greater. You can take maximum dose up to: 300 mg/day.
- You may feel light-headed.
- Have little or no urination.
- Pain or burning when you urinate.
- High potassium – nausea, irregular heartbeats, weakness, loss of movement.
- Ketoacidosis (too much acid in the blood) – nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, confusion, unusual drowsiness, or trouble breathing.
- You may have dehydration symptoms – dizziness, weakness and xerostomia.