BIOTIN 5000 MCG 60 CAPS
vitamin h, therapeutic nutrients, minerals, electrolytes
ACTIVE-INGREDIENT OF BIOTIN 5000 MCG 60 CAPS
Each capsule contains: Biotin 5 mg.
INDICATIONS OF BIOTIN 5000 MCG
- helps in cases of hair loss (Alopecia).
- It acts as hair volumizer giving the appearance of fullness to the hair.
- It increases the nail sickness, improves nail structure and reduce nail breakage in people with brittle nails.
- Biotin capsules combination with chromium might lower blood sugar in people with type II diabetes.
- Biotin is a vitamin. Foods such as eggs, milk, or bananas contain small amounts of biotin.
- Biotin is used for biotin deficiency. It is also commonly used for hair loss, brittle nails, and other conditions, but there is no good scientific evidence to support these uses.
Likely Effective for
- Biotin deficiency. Taking biotin can help treat low blood levels of biotin. It can also prevent blood levels of biotin from becoming too low.
- Low blood levels of biotin can cause thinning of the hair and rash around the eyes, nose, and mouth. Other symptoms include depression, lack of interest, hallucinations, and tingling in the arms and legs. Low biotin levels can occur in people who are pregnant, who have had long-term tube feeding, who are malnourished, who have undergone rapid weight loss, or who have a specific inherited condition. Cigarette smoking might also cause low blood levels of biotin.
Insufficient Evidence for
- An inherited condition that affects the brain and other parts of the nervous system (biotin-thiamine-responsive basal ganglia disease). People with this condition experience episodes of altered mental state and muscle problems. Early research shows that taking biotin with thiamine does not reduce symptoms more than taking thiamine alone. But the combination might shorten how long the episodes last.
- Brittle nails. Early research suggests that taking biotin by mouth for up to a year might increase the thickness of fingernails and toenails in people with brittle nails
- Diabetes. Limited research shows that taking biotin doesn’t improve blood sugar levels in people with diabetes.
- Muscle Cramps. People receiving dialysis tend to have muscle cramps. Early research shows that taking biotin by mouth might reduce muscle cramps in these people.
- Lou Gehrig’s disease
- Nerve Pain in people with diabetes (diabetic neuropathy).
- Patchy hair loss
DOSAGE OF BIOTIN
Follow all directions given to you by your pharmacist or doctor carefully . They may differ from the information contained in this leaflet
The following doses have been studied in scientific research:
- General: There is no recommended dietary allowance (RDA) established for biotin. The adequate intakes (AI) for biotin are 30 mcg for adults over 18 years and pregnant women, and 35 mcg for breast-feeding women.
- Biotin deficiency: Up to 10 mg daily has been used.
- General: There is no recommended dietary allowance (RDA) established for biotin. The adequate intakes (AI) for biotin are 7 mcg for infants 0-12 months, 8 mcg for children 1-3 years, 12 mcg for children 4-8 years, 20 mcg for children 9-13 years, and 25 mcg for adolescents 14-18 years.
- Biotin deficiency: Up to 10 mg daily has been used in infants.
How does biotin work?
Biotin is an important component of enzymes in the body that break down certain substances like fats, carbohydrates, and others.
To start with, there isn’t a good laboratory test for detecting low biotin levels. It includes thinning of the hair (frequently with loss of hair color) and red scaly rash around the eyes, nose, and mouth. Other symptoms include depression, tiredness, hallucinations, and tingling of the arms and legs. There is some evidence that diabetes could cause low biotin levels.
STORAGE OF BIOTIN
Store at temperature not exceeding 30 °C in dry place.
PACK OF BIOTIN FORTE 60 CAP