ARIXTRA 2.5 MG/0.5 ML 10 SYRINGES
What is ARIXTRA 2.5 MG/0.5 ML 10 SYRINGES and how is it used?
ARIXTRA is a prescription medicine that is used to:
- help prevent blood clots from forming in people who have had certain surgeries on the hip, knee, or stomach area (abdominal surgery)
- treat people with blood clots in their legs or blood clots that travel to their lungs, along with the blood thinner medicine warfarin.
What are the possible side effects of ARIXTRA 2.5 MG/0.5 ML 10 SYRINGES ?
ARIXTRA can cause serious side effects. See “What is the most important information I should know about ARIXTRA?”
- Severe bleeding. Certain conditions can increase your risk for severe bleeding, including:
- some bleeding problems
- some gastrointestinal problems including ulcers
- some types of strokes
- uncontrolled high blood pressure
- diabetic eye disease
- soon after brain, spine, or eye surgery
- Specific kidney problems can also increase your risk of bleeding with ARIXTRA. Your doctor may check your kidney function during your treatment with ARIXTRA.
- You have an increased bleeding risk in people undergoing certain surgeries who weigh less than 110 pounds (50 kg).
- Low blood platelets (thrombocytopenia). Low blood platelets can happen when you take ARIXTRA. Platelets are blood cells that help your blood to clot normally. Your doctor may check your platelet counts during your treatment with ARIXTRA.