AMRIZOLE 250MG TAB
metronidazole, gastrointestinal agents .
AMRIZOLE 250MG TAB
ACTIVE-INGREDIENT OF AMRIZOLE
Each film coated tablet Amrizole 500 mg contains:
500 mg metronidazole.
INDICATION OF AMRIZOLE
Indications are based on the antiparasitic and antibacterial activity of metronidazole and on its pharmacokinetic characteristics. Treatment of infections due to the pathogens susceptible to metronidazole:
- Urogenital trichomoniasis.
- Non specific vaganitis.
- Anaerobic bacterial infections
- Following prophylactic or curative treatment by injection, of infections due to susceptible anaerobes. – Intra-abdominal infections including: peritonitis, intra-abdominal abscess and liver abscess. – Skin and skin structure infections.
- Gynecologic infections including: endometritis, endomyomyometritis, tubo-ovarian abscess and postsurgical vaginal cuff infection. – Bacterial septicemia.
- Bone and joint infections, as adjunctive therapy. – Central nervous system infections including meningitis and brain abscess.
- Lower respiratory tract infections including: pneumonia, empyema and lung abscess. – Endocarditis.
Follow all directions given to you by your pharmacist or doctor carefully. They may differ from the information contained in this leaflet
Ask your pharmacist or doctor for help if you do not understand the instructions on the box.
Amoebiasis: – Adults: 1.50 g. daily, in 3 divided doses. – Children: 30 to 40 mg/kg/day in 3 divided doses. The duration of the treatment is 7 consecutive days.
Giardiasis: – Adults: 0.750 to 1 g. daily,for 5 consecutive days. – Children from 2 to 5 years :250 mg/day, from 5 to 10 years: 375 mg/day, from 10 to 15 years: 500 mg daily.
Lambiasis: For 5 consecutive days. – Adults: 750 mg to 1 g per day. – Children: from 2 to 5 years :250 mg/day, from 5 to 10 years: 375 mg/day, from 10 to 15 years: 500 mg daily.
Trichomoniasis: In females ( urethritis and vaginitis due to trichomonas) : Single dose of 2 g or 500 mg/day by oral route in two divided doses for 10 days.
Surgical chemoprophylaxis: Metronidazole must be combined with a product active against enterobacteria. Adults : one 500 mg dose every 8 hours. Children : same protocol at a dosage of 20 to 30 mg/kg/day.
Single oral doses of metronidazole, up to 12 g have been reported. Symptoms were limited to vomiting, ataxia and slight disorientation. There is no specific antidote for metronidazole overdosages. In case of suspected massive overdosages, a symptomatic and supportive treatment should be instituted.
Store at temperature not exceeding 30 °C, in a dry place.
A carton box containing 2 strips (PVC/AI) each of 10 tablets + pamphlet.
AMRIYA FOR PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES ALEXANDRIA – EGYPT.