Read All new, Gardenia is the first and best online pharmacy and beauty store in Egypt. We have thousands of new products with all fantastic newly brands available.
The best ways to protect your Skin from Sun damage
1) Apply Sunscreen everyday even if the weather is cold and cloudy.
2) Apply at least 1 ml of sunscreen at least 15 to 30 minutes before going outside. Also use a lip balm or lipstick that contains sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 30.
3) Choose a broad spectrum sunscreen that protects against both UVA and UVB radiation. Make sure it is water resistant and has a SPF of 30 or higher. Other sunscreens may help keep you from getting sunburned, but they won’t protect against skin cancer.
4) Reapply sunscreen every 2 hours and reapply every hour if you’re swimming or sweating.
5) Keep babies younger than 6 months old completely covered and in the shade.
6) Limit the amount of time you’re in the sun between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM. This is when the sun’s rays are the most intense. Practice the shadow rule: if your shadow is shorter than you, the sun’s rays are at their strongest, and you should find shade.
7) If possible, wear a long-sleeved shirt and long pants. Dark clothing with tightly woven fabric blocks more sun than white or loosely woven fabrics. For additional protection, look for clothes made with special sun-protective materials.
8) Accessorize with a hat that shades your face, neck, and ears and a pair of sunglasses. Sunglasses with lenses that have 99% to 100% UV absorption provide optimal protection for the eyes and the surrounding skin.
9) Be more cautious when taking medicines that can cause photosensitivity.
The best way to protect your hair from Sun
Wrap a scarf around your hair, wear a wide-brimmed hat or cover yourself with an umbrella.
Go out early or late in the day, just as you would to protect your skin.
If you swim in a chlorinated pool, wear a swim cap or put your hair up in a high bun to keep your hair dry. If you get your hair wet, make sure you rinse the pool water — which contains chemicals like chlorine — out of your hair with clear water.
Use an SPF product catered to shielding hair against harmful rays.