Face Cleanser | Facial Cleanser is the most important step and the first step in skin care routine. Let’s discuss the importance of Facial Cleansers and types. Shop now for variety of different types and brands available in Gardenia Pharmacy.
Explore Different Brands of Cleansers through this video and how to double cleanse for a more perfect skin.
What are the benefits of face cleansers ?
1) REMOVING BUILD UP
A common benefit of facial cleansing is the removal of dirt, oil, and other unwanted debris. Throughout the day the skin on your face is continually covered with bacteria, pollutants, viruses, dirt, and old (dead) skin cells. Daily facial washing removes these impurities to give the skin a fresh look. Without washing, your skin would be covered with a thick layer of dirt and grime which make it difficult for other products to penetrate the skin properly.
2) BOOSTING HYDRATION
Regular facial cleansing (along with the use of a good moisturizer) is also an important factor in helping the skin maintain a proper level of hydration. Dehydrated skin looks and feels rough, wrinkled and aged. Cleansing helps manage PH levels of the skin; enabling sufficient water and product retention.
3) MAINTAINING CLEAR SKIN
Tiny glands under the skin produce oil called sebum to protect the skin from the dangers of the outside world. These glands use hair follicles within the skin as a pathway, allowing the oil to reach the skins surface (outer layer) to form a barrier that prevents the penetration of bacteria or other harmful agents.
4) Regular cleansing is essential to keeping your skin looking radiant and healthy.
5) Cleansing helps anti-aging products and treatments work properly.
6) Cleansing helps maintain proper pore size.
7) Cleansing encourages proper skin hydration and prevents the production of excess oils.
8) Clear up any build up for healthier and smoother skin
9) Keep your skin hydrated, soft, supple, and youthful-looking
10) Sweep away dry and dead skin cells, revealing a fresh layer of skin for a natural glow
11) Stimulate blood circulation, boosting blood flow to your face for glowing skin
12) Make your skin look younger and help fight any signs of aging
13) Help your other skin care products penetrate properly into the skin
What are the side effects of not washing your face regularly ?
If you completely stopped washing your face your pores would become clogged resulting in the development of serious acne. The skin could also experience a combination of severe redness, dryness and irritation from insufficient hydration. Finally your skin would generally appear dirty, oily, greasy and significantly aged.
Most likely you would develop an incredible itchiness; to the point where you would be forced to constantly scratch your face. This could lead to breaks of the skin which serve as entry points for infection. Moral of the story: practice proper skin cleansing!
Face Cleanser and Skin type
Know your skin type and choose a cleanser that’s a good match. If you have dry skin you’ll want to avoid cleansers with high alcohol content. People with oily skin need a cleanser with a lower PH level. For sensitive skin you’ll want a basic cleanser free from heavy fragrance and additives.
The delivery type of the cleanser matters. Cream based cleansers are great for dry skin while gel or foamy cleansers are better for oily skin types.
If you wear a lot of makeup you’ll want a cleanser targeted toward removal.
If you tend to sweat a lot from working out look for a product targeting clogged pores.
If you have concerns with allergies look for “natural” cleansers free of synthetic ingredients.
Most cleansers marketed as “gentle” are great at removing dirt without over drying and irritating the skin.
Selecting a cleanser with a balanced PH will help maintain your skins natural balance.
Make sure to take your time comparing products and looking at reviews.
What are the types of face cleansers ?
1. Gel Cleansers: This is a facial cleanser with a gel-like consistency. Many of these have deep-cleaning and exfoliating properties, making them ideal for oily, acne-prone skin. Some cleansers for acne-prone skin are simply devoid of irritating ingredients and oils. However, others, including at home acne treatments, deal with ingredients such as benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid, to improve the appearance of your skin.
2. Cream Cleansers: Cream cleansers are usually thicker and they can be very moisturizing. They will cleanse your skin without stripping it of any of its natural oils, making it perfect for people with dry or sensitive skin.
3. Foam cleansers: These lightweight skin care products create a foamy lather when dispensed from a pump package. They remove excess oil as effectively as gel cleansers and are great for combination skin.
4)Exfoliating cleansers: Tiny particles are sometimes added to facial cleansers to mechanically slough off dead skin cells. These are ideal to use 1-2 times a week and overuse should be avoided as it could dry out your skin.
La Roche Posay Micro exfoliating gel
Nuxe Aquabella Micro exfoliating gel
How Do Facial Cleansers Work?
Facial cleansers contain detergents called ‘surfactants’ which work to remove unwanted substances and particles from the outermost layer of skin. These surfactants, which vary in strength and effectiveness depending on your skin care product, work by attracting oil, makeup, dirt, and debris, so that they can be rinsed away more easily.