In Order to have a safe and pleasant travel experience,
Read This Article
The COVID-19 impact on scheduled international passenger traffic could reach reductions of up to 71 per cent of seat capacity and up to 1.5 billion passengers globally.
Airlines and airports face a potential loss of revenue of up to 314 billion USD and 100 billion USD, respectively, for 2020.
Government regulation in most countries developed new requests healthy reports from passengers and local citizens coming abroad country’s international boarders before arrival.
Most Airports worldwide adhere to ICAO manual to minimize crossing pandemic virus by passengers, as listing normal COVID-19 regulations in Passengers contact zones:
ICAO identified layered defense measures against COVID-19 include the steps being taken at airports and on board and is described in more detail in the iPack. It may include some or all of the measures listed below:
- Temperature testing and/or asking about symptoms (fever, loss of sense of smell or taste, chills, cough, shortness of breath, etc.);
- Self-awareness orientation to allow passengers to identify symptoms and complete/submit health declarations or health attestations;
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection; contactless boarding/baggage processing; use of physical barriers and sanitization in airports;
- Physical distancing in airports and during boarding; use of face coverings or masks; separation between passengers on board when feasible;
- Adjustment of food and beverage service to reduce contact; control of access to aisles and bathrooms to minimize contact;
- Limiting exposure of crew members to infection;
- Facilitation of contact tracing in the event that a passenger develops infection
“Egypt international airport Encouraging the use of electronic tickets without the need for printing to avoid any unnecessary contact during check-in”.
three reasons to consider testing:
- Reducing transmission during the actual travel;
- Reducing potential introduction of disease in a region/country, and
- Potentially reducing or eliminating quarantine for the traveller at their destination.
Passengers must be in possession of negative PCR test certificate for (COVID-19), maximum 72 hours (before flight departure time),
In Specific occasions and due to long distance flights allowed to provide the test certificate performed maximum 96 hours prior to flight time due to the long travel and transit period at these airports,
Some Countries Mentioned that ” Children under 6 years old are exempted from PCR test “.
In Specific arrival spots for tourism purposes travelers and who couldn’t achieve PCR 72 before arrival can undergo for Arrival test costs 30$, as those passengers will be isolated in their hotels till the PCR test result is received and “In case the PCR is positive, passenger will be self-isolated in his / her room at the hotel and to coordinate with the Egyptian Ministry of health”
submitted PCR certificate will be accepted if it meets these requirements:
- It shows clearly the hour and the date of withdrawal of the sample, which is the date on which the 72 hours will be counted.
- Reported by an accredited and official laboratory and stamped with the laboratory’s stamp and does not contain scraping, cancellation or any addition.
- Indicating the type of sampling taken for this swab.
- Indicating that the type of test is (RT – PCR).
- Certificate is accepted in Arabic and/or English language.
+ve PCR test Passengers coming to Egypt will be followed up for 14 days by The Quarantine Authorities and Ministry of Health Offices
Destinations that required negative PCR test before arrival:
Egypt -Austria -Addis Ababa – Abu Dhabi – Beirut -Juba – Larnaca – Tunis – Dubai – Sharjah – Khartoum – Kigali – N’djamena- Erbil- Baghdad- Dar-el-salaam – Douala -Amman.
*These entry restrictions might be subject to change on short notice, and for this we recommend all international passengers to review the latest restrictions published by the Government of the country of their destinations.
For visiting Egypt during covid19 time and looking for more information, kindly call EGYPTAIR Call Center at 090070000 from any landline, or 1717 from any Egyptian mobile phone, or contact your nearest sales office or travel agent .