For All Family Members
1. For All Family Members
Best 10 Foods for Healthy Hair
Salmon for Shine
- Fish like salmon, sardines, and mackerel are packed with healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
- Your body can’t make these healthy fats, so you have to get them from food or supplements.
- They help protect you from disease, but your body also needs them to grow hair and keep it shiny and full.
Grow With Greek Yogurt
- It’s packed with protein, the building block of your locks.
- Greek yogurt also has an ingredient that helps with blood flow to your scalp and hair growth.
- It’s called vitamin B5 (known as pantothenic acid) and may even help against hair thinning and loss.
- You may recognize pantothenic acid as an ingredient on your hair and skincare product labels.
Spinach to Battle Brittle Hair
- Like so many dark green leafy vegetables, spinach is full of amazing nutrients.
- It has tons of vitamin A, plus iron, beta carotene, folate, and vitamin C.
- These work together for a healthy scalp and mane.
- They keep your hair moisturized so it doesn’t break.
- Want to mix it up a little? Kale is another great green choice.
Guava to Prevent Breakage
- This tropical fruit brims with vitamin C.
- It protects your hair from breaking. One cup of guava has 377 milligrams of vitamin C.
- That’s more than four times the minimum daily recommended amount. Bonus!
Iron-Fortified Cereal to Prevent Loss
- Getting too little iron can lead to hair loss.
- But you can find this important nutrient in fortified cereal, grains, and pastas, and in soybeans and lentils.
- Beef, especially organ meats like liver, have lots of it.
- Shellfish and dark leafy greens do too.
- Do You Get Enough Iron
Lean Poultry for Thickness
- When you don’t get enough protein, hair growth rests.
- Since it stops and older hairs fall out, you can have hair loss.
- To get protein from meat, pick lean options like chicken or turkey, which have less saturated fat than sources like beef.